Saturday, January 3, 2009

A Hot Lava Christmas

Last year my family started the tradition of spending the weekend before Christmas in a cute little cottage at Lava Hot Springs. What could be better than a weekend filled with family, presents, food, beautiful scenery and hot springs?
My mom, my brother, my dad holding my nephew, and my sister-in-law
My niece, Ady, holding her new doll.
Me and Conrad hanging with Ady.
My mom and my nieces--Ady and Tori
My dad and my nephew--Kale. Best buds!
Conrad, me and my niece--Alyssa.
My brother, Kory, came up with an idea for a "dollar store" gift exchange. Before coming to Lave, we all had to go to the dollar store and choose a gift that represented a past memory. He got the idea from a Christmas party at a trade show exhibits company. During the exchange you had to guess who's gift you chose and what the memory was. It was a lot of fun!
Conrad playing with Tori in her blow-up bed.
Alyssa modeling her mom's hat.
Little Kale in his bed!
Love, Love, Love, Lava! What a fun and relaxing weekend. Can't wait til next year!

8 comments:

FJ Johnson said...

That cabin looks so fun. It was so good to see you the other day. Remember the 3rd monday. Love ya Kal

Mark and Lachelle said...

We need to make a tradition together, and go to Lava with each other!!! I love Lava! I took Mark there on Saturday, for his first time! We miss you guys! Only a few short months, and we'll be back up there!!! YA HOO!

Nate And Bobby Jo said...

Looks like you guys had a good christmas thanks again for the ugly sweaters see yah soon, cant wait to get these roots gone.

Josh & Kenz said...

I'm still freaking out about the exciting conversation the other day. You have the cutest nieces and nephews.

The Adamson Chipmunks said...

I agree with joshandkenz your nieces and nephews are pretty darn cute!!

Adrie said...

So fun, I'm glad you had a fun time. I want to go up there so bad!

Finch Family said...

What a fun tradition!
Soooo I heard a rumor about you that needs to be confirmed. I lost my phone, and you would think I would remember your number (it's still the same from high school, right?) but I'm not 100 percent sure, you should call me.

Trent & Emily Davies said...

Hey Trent told me the good news!! Congrats!! Can't wait to hear what you are having!!