Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Canyoneer Kallie

My brother-in-law, Cody, brought his canyoneering equipment down to Lake Powell. He taught a bunch of us how to rappel. It was my first time and I was very nervous. Conrad was my strong belayer! I knew that he would catch me if I fell!


Here I am showing how tough I am--right before I stepped out on the edge! :)


This where I "broke". That means I was able to let go of the rope and hold myself up. Yes, I did it!
Here I am in the beginning--keep in mind this is my first time and I was nervous. (Sorry that this video is sideways--my sister could not figure out how to turn it--just tilt your head to watch it).




"Thumb in the bum" is the term used to describe where you should hold the rope behind you! :)


I pretty much am an expert now--if you can't tell by the video clips!

3 comments:

Tobias said...

I am just glad that you did not have to use that sweet red helmet. Good job on your footing...

Mark and Lachelle said...

Nice job Kal!! Not only on the repelling, but for finally updating your blog ;) Just kiddin!!! Ya know I love ya!

L'erin said...

im.pres.sive. and p.s. my hair is smashing. thanks to your magic touch.